Do you know yourself? Like, really know yourself? Are you someone who skirts on the edge of life, or are you deeply and intimately aware of your needs and wants, what your body craves and what your heart desires?
I think people skirt around themselves like flies hover around stale food. Why is it that people are so scared to get to know themselves? Are they afraid they might find out something they don’t like? Something they fear they can’t change? It sounds corny but remember this age-old adage – we cannot begin to love another if we cannot first love ourselves.
To this end, take some time out of your busy day today to get to know yourself better. Ask yourself some constructive questions and have a brainstorming session with yourself. What will you find out? The questions below may assist. Good luck and remember, you can change anything, so on the off chance you do discover something you don’t like, it is within your power to alter it and improve.
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- An introvert or extrovert?
- Do you focus or are you a dreamer?
- Have a purpose or happy drifting?
- Do you set goals or fly by the seat of your pants?
- Are you a lover or a fighter?
- A thinker or a doer?
- Do you crave stability and structure or spontaneity and adventure?
- Are you a loner or a socialite?
- A reader or an observer?
- Creative or process-driven?
- Do you follow the rules or forge your own path?
- Do you sit back or take action?
- A homebody or a traveller?
- A friend or a lover?
- A listener?
- Queen bee or a worker drone?
Some of these are inherent, some can change. You choose which ones. Be the person you want to be today.