Last week I gave you Part 1 of my 10 simple lifestyle changes for sustainable weight loss. Here is Part 2.
1. Skinny your meat
- Choose a leaner cut of beef. It is about choices. Make the healthy choice.
- Fish: Eat 2 serves a week minimum.
- Aim for one meatless meal a week.
2. Eat the right kinds of fat
- Upgrade your oils. Ditch the canola oil and other highly processed vegetable oils. Learn to taste different oils and experiment.
3. Tame your sweet tooth and your salt shaker
- Prepare for midday cravings. Have a healthy snack there and be ready for it.
- Short circuit night time cravings. Know what your trigger points are. Make sure you have some healthy foods on hand at night to prevent binging on sweet stuff at night.
- Ask yourself if you’re hungry, lonely or tired.
- If you overindulge, get back on track at the next opportunity.
4. Share food and good times without guilt
- When dining out at restaurants, read the menu online ahead of time.
- Be the first to order a healthy dish. Be a leader, not the follower.
- Don’t arrive starving.
- Celebrate the event. It should be about conversation, not about the food.
- You can’t do all of this without moving your body.
Make the healthy choice at each opportunity and you will find yourself on the path to natural weight loss.
If you like this post and would like to read more like these, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+