I love a good smoothie for breakfast. Smoothies are fast, filling and absolutely delicious. I love to pack mine choc full of good fats, which keep me going until lunch.
Regular readers will know by now that I am a stickler for my Almond Butter Banana Smoothie, but this week, I discovered something new. Enter the almond banana coco smoothie.
This bad boy is full of skin and hair boosting fats, potassium and a little pick-me-up from the cacao. An added bonus, it tastes just like a Banana Paddlepop (my Australian readers will appreciate that!)
- 1 ripe (or frozen) banana
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (you can make your own using this recipe)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or coconut cream for a richer flavour. It is even better frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately!
Want to stay in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+