I love experimenting with recipes, particularly ones that involve raw cacao.
This mousse is the real deal - it is 100% raw, all natural and sugar free - yet it is so decadent you could swear you were eating the sugar-laden variety. It's also simple and quick to make, and lasts a while in the fridge.
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup of coconut water
- 1 cup of coconut flesh (I bought a whole coconut then scraped out the insides but you can sometimes find fresh coconut chunks chopped up at your supermarket)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons of raw cacao (depending on how chocolate-y you like your mousse)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Dribble of vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup (you can also use date paste as a sweetener)
Blend all ingredients in your blender. Taste and adjust flavours as necessary - you may want to add more cacao, or more rice malt syrup if you like it a little sweeter.
Refrigerate for around an hour before serving. Top with raw cacao nibs for a choc-chip crunch!