My dietary philosophy is simple: shun the sugar and eat more fat. Scary? Yes. But does it work? For weight loss, cravings and general health, yes.
I am an avid follower of Sarah Wilson, the queen of all things ‘no sugar’. Sarah has released a range of “I Quit Sugar” cookbooks, and this recipe is an all time favourite. There are few ingredients, the recipe is easy to make, and it tastes divine.
- 1/3 to ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of organic salted butter
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao (or cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup (available in most grocery stores)
- 1/3 cup of coconut (shredded or flakes if you like it chunkier)
- 1/3 cup of frozen raspberries
Melt the butter and oil in a pan over low heat. The oil take a bit longer to melt so add the butter a bit later.
Mix in the cacao and the rice malt syrup and stir until combined.
Line a dinner plate with parchment paper and arrange the raspberries evenly over the plate and spread the coconut flakes on top.
Pour the chocolate mixture on to the plate.
Pop the plate in the freezer and freeze until firm. When ready, break into shards or cut into pieces.
If you want more recipes like this from Sarah, click on the link below!